Wednesday, April 29, 2009

AAC Draft # 3

Hi Everyone! After an uneventful weekend due to a rescheduled prerelease here in the Philippines (customs issues), I come back with another 4-3-2-2 MTGO Draft to help scratch your Booster Draft itch.

  Pack 1 pick 1:

  My Pick:

Oblivion ring is the obvious pick here for me, as it is dubbed as the best common, and one of the best removal spells in this format. It also allows for a splash since it only has one W mana symbol in its casting cost. While Wooly Thoctar can be nice, it automatically forces me to go Naya or 5-color; I don't want to commit yet as of now. O-ring keeps my options open. The Bone Splinter is also a nice removal spell, but I don't have the necessary back up cards like Dragon Fodder and unearth dudes to support it.
  Pack 1 pick 2:

  My Pick:

Tough one; the Stinger, Nacatl, and the Tri-land are all good here. I definitely can go Naya if I pick the Nacatl or get the Stinger to screw combat math. But I guess, getting the tri-land still keeps my options open.
  Pack 1 pick 3:

  My Pick:

From the packs being passed to me, I can say that Jund is pretty much open here. So I'll go Jund. Now, Jund Charm or the Battlemage? I'll get the Charm since it is a few notches better than the Battlemage.
  Pack 1 pick 4:

  My Pick:

But I like to be able to splash my Oblivion Ring.
  Pack 1 pick 5:

  My Pick:

I told you, Jund is open, and what's a better Pick 5 than a Thrinax?
  Pack 1 pick 6:

  My Pick:

Perfect, Now I'm sure to be able to splash my O-ring.
  Pack 1 pick 7:

  My Pick:

Beef!
  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:

Misclick. Obviously the Bone Splinter is the best card here. The Skullmulcher isn't half bad as well.
  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:

I know, Jund Panorama, this is what happens if you're half-asleep.
  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:

Perfect!
  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:

Did I just say perfect?
  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:

  My Pick:

Splashing a 2nd very good white card isn't exactly stretching my manabase, I just need one more fixer to support the 2.
  Pack 2 pick 2:

  My Pick:

I could've picked the Bone splinter or the Beetle, but out of personal bias, I take this as I hate to face this card.
  Pack 2 pick 3:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 4:

  My Pick:

Now there's a 2 drop.
  Pack 2 pick 5:

  My Pick:

And another one, GREAT! I will now be able to splash my O-ring and Nayacharm without fear of color screw!
  Pack 2 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 7:

  My Pick:

Now I need a way to deal with a fattie.
  Pack 2 pick 8:

  My Pick:

A pick 8 Thrinax? I'll take it anytime!
  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:

Passed a bunch of cards that you are not going to use? Get the one that is most annoying for you to face.
  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 2:

  My Pick:

Drag Down or Dark Temper? Drag Down. Dark Temper is situational.
  Pack 3 pick 3:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 4:

  My Pick:

More beef.
  Pack 3 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:

Perfect for my Connoisseur.
  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:

Fixer.
  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.

I ended up playing the Exploding Borders to help me accelerate to my Plowbeast and to somewhat fix my mana. I left the Path to Exile in the board.
Visit the draft converter today!



I won the draft with a 6-0 Game (3-0 Match)record. Naya charm, my curve, and fixers were insane. Or I was just lucky. 4 Packs to end the day is just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment