Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shards Block Draft #3



Its been a while since I last played online. I've been busy drafting in real life. Too bad I can't chronicle my IRL drafts. And drafting Online and IRL is just financial suicide for me. Anyways, I got a message from a follower from Neutral Grounds Forums asking if I have any new drafts, so here you go.

Apologies for the weird Pack 1. It was not properly saved in my system, It might be an MTGO bug or sort that I have been experiencing. The only card visible was my pick, but all other packs were visible. Weird.

  Pack 1 pick 1:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 2:

  My Pick:

Puppet Conjurer was the safe pick here as it is the same with the colors of my first pick. The Conjurer may leave me open to go straight UB so I won't need to value fixers highly, or I can still go Grixis and have a ton of removal, But the Oring is just too good to pass.
  Pack 1 pick 3:

  My Pick:

I'm feeling a bit greedy, I think I can splash this guy. Esper/bant? we'll see.The other good picks here are the Magma Spray and the Elemental. Too early to tell what the guys to my right are drafting..
  Pack 1 pick 4:

  My Pick:

I would love to take the necrogenesis here, but that will stretch my manabase a little too far.. Besides, a 4th pick Strix is a gift!
  Pack 1 pick 5:

  My Pick:

Need to start getting fixers. the obelisk is also fine here I think.
  Pack 1 pick 6:

  My Pick:

Great.
  Pack 1 pick 7:

  My Pick:

The call to heel might be the better pick here. Works really well with the strix and the other artifact creatures that I will be passed in Conflux (assuming I passed good signals) that have CIP abilities.
  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:

  My Pick:

I think I can safely splash my feral hydra and hopefully I'll open a Behemoth sledge. hehe
  Pack 2 pick 2:

  My Pick:

Great. Though I don't have any big dude to get, but CA is CA. I'll take it.
  Pack 2 pick 3:

  My Pick:

Strix or commorants? Strix is only good if I have a black permanent, I don;t think I have one yet.
  Pack 2 pick 4:

  My Pick:

Drag Down or Stirx? hmmm... your call..
  Pack 2 pick 5:

  My Pick:

There you go. Really? the Armillary sphere is wheeling? No kidding?
  Pack 2 pick 6:

  My Pick:

Early fixer that will be good late game or the solid SB even maindeck card(outlander)? I'll take the fixer. I think you could go either way here, the ProBears have become better because of the blades in the 3rd pack.
  Pack 2 pick 7:

  My Pick:

I remembered that I do have a black permanent, the tidehollow strix.
  Pack 2 pick 8:

  My Pick:

I'm not gonna use any of these, so lets take the fast hellspark elemental that might be good against me.
  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:

That's what I'm talking about! More CA!
  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:

  My Pick:

Sorry, had to rare draft this guy, he's worth some tix. This pack has a lot for me, Grimblade, shieldmage, sledge, and the foundry. If it weren't for the Mage, I'd probably take the sledge since it can win games.
  Pack 3 pick 2:

  My Pick:

The Sureblade and the Knight are both good, I don't know, but this card is very good CA in my opinion..
  Pack 3 pick 3:

  My Pick:

Mwahahahah!
  Pack 3 pick 4:

  My Pick:

This psuedo-removal isn't half-bad.
  Pack 3 pick 5:

  My Pick:

Turbo Blade!
  Pack 3 pick 6:

  My Pick:

Better than the Thresher.
  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:

So-So..
  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:

I'm surprised this card is going around. It is Necrogenesis V 2.0
  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:

Putrid Leech is wheeling? No kidding? I've a solid pick here, I can't hate draft the leech.
  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy. Visit the draft converter today!

Here is the list I played, I think I should not have played the Skeletal kathari, instead, I should have played the Pestilent Kathari.



I won round 1 and lost the 2nd, thus eliminated from the pod. I can't remember much of the gamesI just got 2 boosters. Bummer

1 comment:

  1. Interesting draft =)

    Glad to find a fellow pinoy who plays on MTGO too

    Nice blog btw

    ReplyDelete