Friday, June 12, 2009

Shards Block #4

Here's another draft I played last night in a 4-3-2-2 MTGO Shards Block queue.
  Pack 1 pick 1:

  My Pick:

There seems to be an MTGO bug going around that prevents me from capturing my 1st pack. Anyway, my 1st pack is mediocre so I take the Tri-Land to keep my options open.
  Pack 1 pick 2:

  My Pick:

Nothing really excites me in this pack aside from the scourge devil and the Tri-Land. I guess taking the land won't hurt. Let's see.
  Pack 1 pick 3:

  My Pick:

The only cards I feel like taking here are either the Bone Splinters or the Connoisseur. Maybe I can build around the Connoisseur... Lets see how things go.
  Pack 1 pick 4:

  My Pick:

Esper Battlemage is the strongest card here, but I don't feel like playing blue right now, besides, there's a leotau that'll be good with my connoisseur.
  Pack 1 pick 5:

  My Pick:

If I will go straight Jund, I will not get any mana problems.
  Pack 1 pick 6:

  My Pick:

This is the only card for me here, I hope I can get a Dragon Fodder or Kathari Bomber.. Anyway, Unearth cards will suffice.
  Pack 1 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:

A solid sideboard card. Perhaps I can even maindeck it.
  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:

  My Pick:

Perfect for my Jund colors, Black for removal, Red for direct Damage, Green for big critters. What more can you ask for? It seems that this obelisk is best with jund colors.
  Pack 2 pick 2:

  My Pick:

Drag Down or Shambling? Shambling works well with the connoisseur. And is a solid 3 drop/ 5turn clock.
  Pack 2 pick 3:

  My Pick:

There's my Drag Down!
  Pack 2 pick 4:

  My Pick:

Perfect! A very solid 2 drop for my deck. I hope I get another one or a Putrid Leech in pack 3.
  Pack 2 pick 5:

  My Pick:

The rioters will be a 3cc 3/3 only, lets get the removal.
  Pack 2 pick 6:

  My Pick:

A good underrated card that fits very well in my BRg deck.
  Pack 2 pick 7:

  My Pick:

I think I should've taken the might of alara here..
  Pack 2 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:

Can be good with my devour guy and my bone splinters.
  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:

Damn, I really should've taken that Might of Alara instead.
  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:

  My Pick:

Kathari Bomber usually wheels.
  Pack 3 pick 2:

  My Pick:

Bebe!
  Pack 3 pick 3:

  My Pick:

There's my leech! hehe
  Pack 3 pick 4:

  My Pick:

Looking good.
  Pack 3 pick 5:

  My Pick:

Ambush Beetle or the Brute? I want a strong manabase, and since green is my splash, I'll get the beetle. They're both 4 power, and the beetle can bully smaller creatures with its ability.
  Pack 3 pick 6:

  My Pick:

Good.
  Pack 3 pick 7:

  My Pick:

And another one!
  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:

The Carabid is nice but I think I'm a little top heavy.
  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:

Hmmm... Can this make the cut?
  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!
Here's the deck I played. I'm quite confident with this deck since it has a good manabase, a fast start, a good mid-game and late game thanks to the obelisk.


Too bad I lost round 1 against a bad deck (playing 50 cards) due to mana problems. I kept a hand with no black sources, thinking I will be able to draw it since it is my main color. Game 2 I won quickly via slauthermaster and Putrid Leech. Game 3 was a stalemate when my opponent casted a Rockaster Platoon, which killed my drakes, and me in a few turns. I got him down to 3 and cycled a Ridge Rannet, I got a Singe-Mind Ogre and he has one card in hand. is that card 3cc for the win? No, It was a quasali pridemage, damn. And he won next turn on his counter attack. Stupid Obelisk never showed up lolz.

No comments:

Post a Comment